Poker TV Guide: What To Watch This Month1 year ago
After poker TV classic Poker After Dark went – well – dark back in 2011 few of us expected a resurrection; but Poker Central have taken over this popular show as they have the WSOP and have a new season going which claims to have mixed games, cash games and sit’n’goes. They’ll be starting with a $100k buy-in cash game with $200/$400 blinds.
So those of you who forked out for the annual subscription on Poker Go can still get your money’s worth now that the WSOP is over.
The current schedule has six episodes coming up lined up in two tranches being released as follows:
- Monday 14th - Wednesday 16th August: Daily live streams
- Tuesday 22nd - Thursday 24th August: Daily live streams
It’s not clear if events will be live streamed or edited down as yet. But either way it will be worth giving a shot. Especially as Doyle Brunson is confirmed for the first round.
The WPT Series XV continues
Each event of theWPT is getting three one hour episodes this season. Airing on the Fox Sports Network on Sundays at 23:00 in the USA. This month they’ve got the following episodes on:
- 6th August: WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star - Pt. 1
- 13th August: WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star - Pt. 2
- 20th August: WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star - Pt. 3
- 27th August: WPT Monster Tournament of Champoins - Pt. 1
Though if you miss something they’re normally up on ClubWPT within a week or so.
Live At The Bike
Live at the Bike are doing two special streams in August running from 1400-1900 PT on the following days:
- 25th August: $50/$100 ($10,000+ buy-in) with Antonio Esfandiari
- 31st August: $25/$50 ($5,000+ buy-in) with Phil Hellmuth
PokerStars Barcelona (PokerStars.tv)
PokerStars.tv have their Barcelona event coverage scheduled starting 12:00 CEST.
- 23rd August: PokerStars Championship Barcelona Main Event - Day 2
- 24th August: PokerStars Championship Barcelona Main Event - Day 3
- 25th August: PokerStars Championship Barcelona Main Event - Day 4
- 26th August: PokerStars Championship Barcelona Main Event - Day 5
- 27th August: PokerStars Championship Barcelona Main Event - Final Table
King of the Hill on Twitch
The 22nd might be a busy day for watching since Twitch will also be streaming King of the Hill, a $50,000 buy in HU winner take all tournament which Jungleman, Polk, Hellmuth and Kassela are booked in for. That will also spill over into the schedule for the 23rd.
- 15:30 ET, 23rd August: $50k HU King of the Hill
- 17:30 ET, 24th August: $50k HU King of the Hill
You’ll need to pull up the twitch.tv/PokerNightTV site on the day in order to catch that.
Let us know in the comments if we’ve missed anything you’re aching to see.
Did you like this article?Tweet +0