Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro2 weeks ago
Mike Postle has made moves to have the latest cheating lawsuit dismissed in a Nevada court. This comes only three weeks after the first lawsuit to be filed regarding the cheating allegations was thrown out by a California judge.
The Fight Goes On
The first lawsuit was filed in the state of California by around 90 plaintiffs seeking justice against Postle, Stones, and Stones’ tournament director Justin Kuraitis.
In a decision that shocked the community, it appeared that the case was thrown out because there was no proof that the plaintiffs were harmed specifically, as opposed to any possible poker players.
It wasn’t a totally lost cause as US District Court Judge William Shubb invited the plaintiffs to present an amended motion in the coming months.
For now, Postle only faces a single plaintiff in Nevada - Marle Cordeiro.
This lawsuit is slightly different in that Cordeiro alleges that Postle specifically targeted her by convincing her to travel to California from her home in Nevada. And just like in the California case, Postle did his utmost to not get served with the papers.
The five causes of action in the lawsuit are as follows:
- Violation of Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) by using wire transmissions to cheat
- Fraud for falsely claiming to be an honest player
- Negligent misrepresentation by claiming Stones games were honest
- Negligence per se by devising a scheme by which defraud by means of false pretenses
- Negligence per se for violating the California Penal Code regarding cheating in a gambling game
Motion to Dismiss
Postle’s latest motion to dismiss is based on him not being a resident of the state - “lack of personal jurisdiction, or, in the alternative, based on forum non conveniens.”.
He argues that California would be a better place to hold the case, which is a massive joke looking at what’s just happened.
Just for good measure there was an accusation of forum shopping thrown in. This is the repeated filing of motions in jurisdictions that are thought to be favourable to the plaintiff, and often enough to get the case dismissed.
Cordeiro’s lawyer, Mac VerStandig, is thought to be getting a reply ready to keep the case going. We should hear more next month about both cases, and see if there is any prospect of Postle ever facing justice.
Our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below for those wishing to brush up on the entire case:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
Did you like this article?Tweet +0