Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims6 months ago
Attorneys representing the remaining entities in the high-profile Mike Postle cheating case have informed the judge overseeing the case that the opposing sides have reached a settlement in principle, and that negotiations are ongoing over details. In a filing dated August 5, 2020, attorney Maurice “Mac” VerStandig has filed for a third extension of time in filing an amended complaint against the case’s remaining defendants, Stones Gambling Hall parent King’s Casino LLC and Stones employee Justin Kuraitis.
According to VerStandig’s filing:
“Counsel for the parties have reached an agreement as to the principal terms of a settlement of this case, but require additional time to finalize the settlement.”
The request for the third time extension follows two earlier requests in June and July for additional time to amend the initial complaint, a process made necessary by a ruling in June by presiding judge William B. Shubb that dismissed primary plaintiff and alleged cheater Mike Postle on a technicality related to California’s gambling laws.
In June, VerStandig had vowed to continue the case against Stones Gambling Hall and Kuraitis (who was alleged to have collaborated with Postle), posting the following on Twitter:
At some point in the past few weeks, talks between VerStandig and the lawyers shifted from a refiling of the case to negotiating a settlement. The reason for this week’s motion for a third time extension is the need for VerStandig and his legal team to communicate the proposed settlement terms to each of the 88 plaintiffs alleged to have been cheated by Postle in the suspicious “Stones Live!” streamed cash games.
VerStandig also noted that the case was not filed as a class action, and that each of the 88 plaintiffs must agree individually to be included in the settlement. Case law allows Judge Shubb to be flexible in such situations, and as with the earlier requests, the judge is likely to grant the latest extension.
A separate case in Nevada featuring an 89th alleged cheating victim, Marle Cordeiro, continues on. That case contains legal elements such as interstate wire fraud that preclude Postle being dismissed from the action due solely to California gambling-law technicalities. However, Postle filed a motion to dismiss the Cordeiro case last month.
Our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below for those wishing to brush up on the entire case:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0