Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal1 week ago
The $multimillion lawsuit central to the Postlegate cheating scandal has this week seen 60 of the 88 plaintiffs accepting a settlement – but whistleblower Veronica Brill is not among them, and lawyer Mac Verstandig is off the case.
The long-running saga erupted after Brill outed Mike Postle for cheating in a live-streamed cash game at the Stones Gambling Hall in Sacramento.
Postle, Stones and their poker manager Justin Kuraitis were all named as defendants in a $30million lawsuit launched by Verstandig on behalf of 88 plaintiffs.
However, the case against Postle was dismissed a few months ago, the news coming as a huge shock to Brill and almost everybody else…
That still left Stones’ owners Kings Casino LLC (which has no connection to Leon Tsoukernik’s Kings Casino in Rozvadov) as well as Kuraitis to face possible amended claims.
For 60 of the plaintiffs, and the lawyer behind the civil suit, enough is apparently enough. This week Judge William B. Shubb, of the Eastern District of California, filed notice in the case:
"First, in the above-captioned case, Defendants King’s Casino and Kuraitis have settled with the Plaintiffs set forth in Exhibit A. The Settlement Agreement has been executed by the settling parties."
There is no word on what that settlement might be worth financially, but it is expected to fall far short of the estimated $¼million in illicit earnings they claim Postle took from them.
What happens next, if anything, is unclear. Mac Verstandig stepped away from the case on September 11th.
Shubb’s filing explains:
“Third, Plaintiffs’ counsel have advised the non-settling Plaintiffs that they will seek to withdraw as counsel. No non-settling Plaintiff has indicated an objection to withdrawal by Plaintiffs’ counsel, although a number have simply been non-responsive to counsels’ entreaties.”
The remaining 28 plaintiffs, including Brill, could theoretically object to Verstandig stepping down. Finding new representation to resurrect the lawsuit may prove difficult given the recent dismissals in California and Nevada.
Nevada saw a separate lawsuit launched by Marle Cordeiro, against Postle only, but as we reported last month, it was dismissed when US District Court of Nevada judge James C. Mahan cited lack of jurisdiction.
None of the plaintiffs or defendants have as yet publicly commented on the latest lawsuit situation.
Our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below for those wishing to brush up on the entire case:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0