Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement1 year ago
Postlegate suspect Justin Kuraitis has been hit by a barrage of disbelief after he released a statement proclaiming his own innocence and that of Mike Postle and Stones Gambling Hall in the long-running cheating saga…
Kuraitis spoke out this week on Twitter, his first public comments since being accused of complicity in an alleged scam that saw Mike Postle allegedly pocket up to $250,000 by repeatedly cheating a live-streamed cash game at Stones Gambling Hall.
In his lengthy statement Kuraitis claimed he was innocent of any of the charges in the $30million lawsuit that followed.
He also attacked whistleblower Veronica Brill, as well as Joey Ingram, Marle Cordeiro, Doug Polk, Daniel Negreanu, Matt Berkey, Jason Somerville and others.
Describing the ‘Twitter mob’ that he claims responded to the famous players above, Kuraitis said it was “…real, it is ugly, and it has real life consequences” and claimed:
“I have never before experienced so much hatred, ignorance and even threats of violence.”
The poker pro community quickly hit back, even including some among his supporters.
Kade explained her stance:
“FAR too many plays that are massively -EV in the long run that just miraculously seem to always be the right move. Anyone who makes massive bluffs at this frequency also punts often, which weirdly never happens. I know you wanna think the best but it’s def denial at this point.”
Others were similarly skeptical of Kuraitis’ guilt, but couldn’t square that with the tournament director’s statement this week.
Johnnie Vibes, who took part in the livestreamed Stones cash game explained:
“I was asked to join the lawsuit and declined even though I was fairly certain I was cheated. Why? Because there was no evidence that you were involved and it felt wrong to include you. But this write up of you protecting Postle makes me 2nd guess my stance."
Marle Cordeiro, who launched a separate lawsuit in Nevada to the $30million California suit, both of which were dismissed, was less given to hear Kuraitis out.
“When people reach the point of irrational explanations and zero self awareness, they’re not worth hearing out. You’ve been there for a long time,” said Cordeiro.
Kuraitis had singled Cordeiro out in his statement, stating she, “fanned the flames regarding me and seemed to imply on twitter that my car was purchased with money I obtained from the cheating scandal.”
“In fact, I bought that car from an acquaintance on December 4th 2017 which was more than 8 months before the alleged cheating supposedly started.”
Yet another pro, Jake Rosenstiel, who played and commentated along with Brill on Stones Live games, claimed:
“Stones did not turn over their discovery, we did not review it and conclude there was no evidence of cheating. This was a lie that was bought in the settlement. The DOJ contacted me earlier this month. They’re still investigating the case and looking to charge people criminally.”
Others were just as disinclined to give Kuraitis’ statement any weight, Michael Rizzuto posting:
“I read it. The thing is, if you didn’t know Mike was cheating, and still think he wasn’t cheating, then you’re either lying or you’re an idiot and you don’t seem like an idiot.”
Kuraitis made specific mention of Postlegate whistleblower Veronica Brill, describing her as having a “penchant for making outrageous statements and frivolous claims about people.”
Brill, widely credited among the poker community for standing up to be counted by revealing the cheating allegations, also responded on Twitter.
She stated of Kuraitis:
“That's because all he did was try to gaslight me and kasey and he more than likely helped mike. I've never seen a poker room employee so concerned with one player's cards and cash outs and anything to do with Mike.”
With the civil lawsuits all but dead in the water, Mike Postle claimed that his side of the story is set to be revealed in a “wild documentary”.
“It won’t just shock the poker and gambling industries, but the entire world,” Postle told the Sacramento Bee newspaper in a text message.
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0