Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash5 months ago
Silence is golden is a well-worn phrase, but in the case of Postlegate cheating scandal suspect Justin Kuraitis and his fellow Mike Postle apologists, it’s very unusual – the noisiest of Twitter accounts suddenly gone quiet.
It may have felt like a lifetime to those forced to follow them, but there was in fact only a week’s worth of incredible tweets from Stones Gambling Hall TD Kuraitis between news of the civil lawsuit settlement and his recent ‘loose lips sink ships’ approach.
Those tweets had ranged from a 4-page statement as to why almost the entire poker community had wronged him.
In it he called out Joey Ingram and Veronica Brill for special attention, as well as numerous other high-profile pros who produced evidence that Mike Postle was not only repeatedly cheating in a livestreamed cash game, but likely had help…
The pros fought back, naturally, and had plenty of help refuting the attacks by Kuraitis and his crew – and additional help arrived to help prove that Postle’s unbelievable play was far from kosher.
Bart Hanson appeared on the scene to offer several more hands of the most ridiculous nature, but that was quickly attacked by Kuraitis – although his poker pedigree hardly matches those of his enemies…
Kuraitis finished his week worth of assaults on players, poker media and anyone else convinced of Postle’s guilt, and the likelihood he had help, by taking aim at WIRED journalist Brendan Koerner.
Koerner had produced an article that gave Kuraitis, Postle and others involved the chance to give their side the scandal in a non-poker-focused medium.
Kuraitis declined, although he was then happily calling Koerner out on Twitter…
The person many suspect of being the ‘inside man’ at Stones - who allegedly gave or allowed Postle to access real-time information during the games - also called on Phil Galfond to check some cherry-picked information that came from his erstwhile pro-Postle accomplices, Rounder Life magazine.
Mike Postle allegedly used to work for Rounder Life, and although that has been denied by its founder Evert Caldwell, the RL Twitter account has been used to scattershot the Postlegate scandal debate with screeds of articles and information.
RounderLife claim that the numbers don’t add up, although refuse to answer any questions on the myriad other evidence that Postle’s play could only have been a cheat at work.
They haven’t been quite as silent as Kuraitis this week, but have yet to convince anyone (anyone who will actually put their name to it, that is) of Postle’s innocence.
The @PokerHeroes1 account is another that has switched to silent mode, roughly the same time as Kuraitis’, and it is believed that Kuraitis – who had responsibility for the Stones Gambling Hall Twitter account - is behind this one as well.
Given the @PokerHeroes1 Twitter content, it is entirely possible that is produced by Kuraitis in conjunction with RounderLife’s Caldwell.
Its tweets have mainly targeted the pros who have produced evidence showing Postle’s play was unnatural in every respect, and the list of targets generally matches those named by Kuraitis in his statement 2 weeks ago.
As reported by Jon Sofen this week, ‘another account that repeatedly defends Postle and attacks those who call him a cheater — @poker_thug (“Poker Derelict”) — recently changed his/her Twitter account to private. That means anyone he/she doesn’t follow can no longer see tweets.’
Perhaps the pro-Postle community has been advised to keep schtum, or perhaps they are all on holiday or celebrating their ‘victory’. Either way, it has been a pleasant few days of silence – long may it last!
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0