Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations1 month ago
One of Mike Postle’s $330million defamation lawsuit targets has fired back this week, Todd Witteles engaging the services a Beverly Hills law firm to fight against the alleged cheat’s legal action…
It was the Poker Fraud Alert radio show boss who first revealed Postle’s massive civil complaint against those he claims libelled and slandered him.
Among them were some of the game’s biggest names, including Daniel Negreanu, Joey Ingram, Phil Galfond’s poker company RunItOnce and Matt Berkey’s Solve For Why academy.
Witteles has chosen the law firm of Bensamochan, a primarily bankruptcy and civil litigation firm, whose principal, Eric Bensamochan, released the following statement:
"We believe this lawsuit against my client and the other defendants is utterly without merit and will be defended vigorously and aggressively. Any attempt to chill the first amendment rights of any individual or organization needs to be met with resistance. We look forward to disposing of this matter quickly."
Postle is being represented by Lowe and Associates, another Beverly Hills law firm, who filed the case in the California Superior Court, in the County of Sacramento.
The firm “are recognized for handling high profile cases” and generally operates in “a wide variety of legal matters in the music, television, and film industries,” according to their website.
Others targeted by Postle have yet to reveal their defence plans. Veronica Brill – the whistleblower who brought Postle’s combined unbelievable success and bizarre behaviour to public attention – launched a GoFundMe earlier in the month.
In it, she explained:
“I need to raise money for my own defense as we all need to file Anti-Slapp separately and that costs $20,000. If i raise enough i will consider accepting the suit and moving forward with discovery. In the case that I move forward with the suit and win, and get Mike to pay for my legal bills.”
That was topped up by Bill Perkins taking a keen interest and promising to cover the balance required to mount a defence against Postle’s accusations.
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0