Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat8 months ago
It would appear that alleged poker cheat Mike Postle isn’t the only one of his rag-tag band who has done a disappearing act, his followers and troll accounts also going quiet, even as his accusers stand up to be counted in the law courts…
Very few people in the poker world believe that Postle is innocent of the cheating claims that have made the headlines for more than a year now.
If you’ve missed anything in the long-running cheating scandal, you can catch up on every aspect of the Postlegate affair below, but for now it seems that the Sacramento-based pro and his small group of allies have disappeared.
The rats leaving the sinking ship was first noticed when whistleblower Veronica Brill’s lawyer put out an MIA alert for Postle himself…
And as we revealed last week, Postle’s own lawyer has disavowed the cardsharp just weeks before the courts are slated to hear anti-SLAPP motions from Brill and Todd Witteles. Both were named in Postle’s $330million defamation lawsuit, and both have vowed to fight the infamous alleged cheat’s attempts to silence his critics.
In the last year and a half, however, there have been several Twitter accounts claiming that Postle is innocent.
Some were devoted to spreading ‘alternative facts’, while others focused on abusing those who believe Postle did indeed cheat the livestreamed cash game at Stones Gambling Hall in California.
Cardschat’s Jon Sofen was the first to point out that Twitter accounts such as @PokerHeroes1 and @poker_thug seem to have given up on their defence of Postle, though rather late in the day.
Sofen mentions the latter account’s tweet aimed at Marle Cordeiro:
“Aren’t you the woman poker player who makes videos about fucking and sucking guys off for buy ins to play poker?”
The poker pro and vlogger launched her own separate lawsuit against Postle, but that was dismissed, as was the $30million lawsuit brought by close to 100 players. The latter dismissal was met with shock and incredulity by the majority of the poker community.
Such offensive public statements were par for the course from the account, while @PokerHeroes1 went a step further, compiling videos of Postle’s accusers to specifically show them in a bad light.
Some, including Todd Witteles, believe the PokerHeroes account is actually the work of Justin Kuraitis, who many still believe to have been the inside man helping Postle with the alleged cheating.
We reported extensively on Kuraitis in the aftermath of the initial failed lawsuit, the former Stones tournament director lashing out at his accusers.
Kuraitis hasn’t been heard of on Twitter since September last year, while PokerHeroes went silent a couple of weeks later.
Many believed it was connected to plans by Kuraitis to launch his own defamation lawsuit, but given how badly Postle’s attempts have gone to grab some money from his most high-profile detractors it seems rather unlikely that will ever happen.
Meanwhile @RounderLife, the twitter account belonging to the magazine of the same name that Postle worked for, is still alive and kicking.
They have toned down their Postle defence somewhat, however, having previously swamped the Postlegate discussion with unsubstantiated numbers, while refusing to debate other elements of the investigation.
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0