Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill6 months ago
The latest revelation in the Mike Postle saga is that the alleged cheat has dropped his $330million defamation lawsuit, with whistleblower Veronica Brill now looking for Postle to pay her legal fees…
For those who haven’t been following the long-running story, there are links below to every step of the remarkable case that has seen more twists and turns than an alpine road.
The latest stunning move was entirely unexpected, coming just days after Postle had filed for a continuance of his legal claim against Brill and others.
The list of people he was suing included Daniel Negreanu, Joey Ingram and Todd Witteles, as well as companies connected to Phil Galfond, Matt Berkey, Jonathan Little and Doug Polk.
Brill’s lawyer, Marc Randazza, shared the court filing that shows Postle giving up on his defamation claims, coming soon after our story about his links to the HONR network.
Brill and Todd Witteles had both filed anti-SLAPP motions, attempting to get Postle’s lawsuit dismissed on the grounds it was merely a ploy to prevent people discussing his potential involvement in the cheating episode that sparked the entire affair.
Quite what happens next is unclear, but it is likely Postle will be liable for the legal fees incurred by those having to defend themselves against his defamation claims.
Mac Verstandig, the lawyer who was behind the initial lawsuit brought by dozens of players who felt they had been cheated by Postle, added his view…
Randazza blamed the situation on Postle’s unwillingness to secure the services of an attorney, writing:
“…when you have non-lawyers interfering in your case, giving you shitty advice, you get screwed. Postle should sue the idiots who were trying to "play lawyer" for him.”Including Postle’s address in his initial tweet raised some concerns about Postle’s privacy rights, but Randazza refuted these concerns.
“Did not occur to me that this might be his home address,” he tweeted, adding: “If he used his that, (I have not confirmed) then that is on him. Had it occurred to me that it was his home address, I would have redacted it. But, since I can not un-ring the bell, I am not going to change anything.”
Meanwhile, Todd Witeles, the Poker Fraud Alert founder who was named in Postle’s defamation lawsuit, shared his own thoughts on the announcement.
“Mike Postle dismissed the defamation case against me. What's my next move? I will do a PokerFraudAlert Radio special with my attorney Eric Bensamochan…to explain it all.”
None of the other high-profile defendants have made public statements on the lawsuit, or its withdrawal this week.
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
Want poker news as it breaks? Join the Poker News and Gossip Telegram channel!
Did you like this article?Tweet +0