Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award5 months ago
He has been seen less often than the Scarlet Pimpernel since his alleged livestream cheating came to light 18 months or so ago, but this week Mike Postle appeared once again on a stream. This time, however, unlike his ‘sick poker heater’, it was a court appearance and it cost him money!
Postle was forced to defend himself in the latest legal wrangling, his legal representative jumping ship several months ago after the alleged cheat “failed to comply with the written agreement between the firm and the client, and communication has otherwise ceased between the client and attorney."
That was according to Steven T. Lowe, of the Beverly Hills (CA) based Lowe & Associates, whose motion to be relieved of his duty was duly granted, leaving Postle lawyer-less for the second time.
At stake this week was a chunk of Postle’s supposedly ill-gotten gains, as Todd Witteles chased the Sacramento-based pro for legal fees and court costs.
We reported on the initial ruling this week that saw Poker Fraud Alert founder Witteles awarded $26,982 in the anti-SLAPP hearing, after Postle dropped his own $330million defamation lawsuit.
This award was less than the full $43,314.50 claimed by Witteles, Presiding California Superior Court Judge Shama H. Mesiwala calling some of his attorney’s fees of $695 per hour “excessive and unnecessary”.
Next it was Postle’s turn to argue that the award was excessive, claiming that he hadn’t forced Witteles to retain counsel at all. He also claimed that Witteles' defence counsel, “They took it upon themselves to do as much as they could to hurt me in this situation.”
He then described a “harassment and defamation campaign” as “extensive” and “ongoing”, despite voluntarily dropping his own case against Witteles, whistleblower Veronica Brill and others, including ESPN, Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk’s Upswing Poker.
You can listen to Postle’s legal wranglings and ramblings below, but the long story short of his latest day in court was that the man described as ‘poker god or poker cheat’ will still have to pay Witteles close to $27k.
This week could see him hit with another bill as Veronica Brill’s anti-SLAPP costs hearing is due to be heard, and as always we’ll bring you the full story as soon as it happens.
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
Did you like this article?Tweet +0