Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Files New Motion in Bid to Avoid Involuntary Bankruptcy2 weeks ago
Mike Postle was back in court this week, the alleged poker cheat filing another motion in an attempt to dismiss an involuntary bankruptcy petition that could see him forced to liquidate assets to pay court judgments won by Veronica Brill and Todd Witteles.
Postle owes $55,000 in two almost judgments after he dropped his $330million defamation lawsuits against Brill and Witteles, the money awarded after they filed anti-SLAPP motions.
Postle failed in his attempt to prove his lawsuit wasn’t frivolous, but has so far refused to stump up the money he owes, which has led Brill and Witteles to seek Postle’s involuntary bankruptcy.
Should the involuntary bankruptcy be invoked, it would force a court-appointed solution to his debts, likely including the liquidation of any assets Postle might hold, such as his home.
However, Postle claims that the involuntary bankruptcy process was “filed punitively” by Brill’s lawyer, Marc Randazza, although it was Witteles’ lawyer, Eric Bensamochan, who actually filed the suit.
Having already described it as being “made in bad faith” and “filed out of spite”, Postle added in his latest court filing:
“I respectfully request the court to reject Mr. Randazza’s request to bankrupt me on the basis that the petition is a ‘bad faith filing’ which was filed punitively.”
As we reported last month, Postle seems to have latched on to Randazza’s connection to a beef between Alex Jones/InfoWars and the HONR network, Randazza representing the former while Postle’s own unofficial legal counsel, Alexandra Merrell, represented the latter.
The scattergun approach Postle has taken also saw him take aim at Veronica Brill, claiming she was using his notoriety for her own ends, and “attempting to brand herself as a poker ‘influencer’ based on her claim that she was a ‘whistleblower’.”
Strangely, Postle also gives some specific numbers related to his alleged cheating during livestreamed cash games at the Stones Gambling Hall in Sacramento.
Postle’s filing states:
“During the dates where she claimed that I cheated, my win rate across all hands played was a respectable 79%. However, Ms. Brill and supporters of her claim cherry-picked hands, rejected dozens of hands where I had lost and instead fabricated a 94% win rate.”
Witteles’ lawyer, Eric Bensamochan, told Poker.org’s Haley Hintze that the latest filing contained “self-serving statements” and showed “total disregard of the fact that Mr. Witteles and Ms. Brill hold valid and unpaid judgments against him.”
What happens next in the long-running saga remains to be seen, but if you have missed out on any of the drama surrounding Postle you can catch up below!
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts
Did you like this article?Tweet +0