Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts3 weeks ago
Mike Postle has been given a 1-month extension by a California court in his involuntary bankruptcy case, the alleged poker cheat fighting the $55,000 court cost judgments against him in his failed $330million libel suit.
It is the newest chapter in the long-running saga involving the Sacramento poker pro who was accused of cheating a livestreamed cash game at Stones Gambling Hall in 2019.
Postle had to drop his libel lawsuit brought against 12 people and organisations, with whistleblowing commentator, Veronica Brill, and Poker Fraud Alert founder, Todd Witteles bringing anti-SLAPP lawsuits against Postle.
With his lawyer quitting and no replacement to be found, Postle ended up being ordered to pay roughly $27,000 each to Brill and Witteles.
However, with no payment forthcoming, lawyers for Brill and Witteles filed a joint involuntary bankruptcy petition, and as we reported previously Postle had until this week to oppose it.
He did so in a filing labelled “bizarre” by Witteles’ attorney Eric Bensamochan, with Postle claiming not only had he not received timely notification of the bankruptcy petition, but that it was “made in bad faith” and “filed out of spite”.
Those latter claims relate to an ongoing dispute between Brill’s lawyer, Marc Randazza, and one-time unofficial legal aide to Postle, Alexandra Merrell.
According to Poker.org’s Haley Hintze, Bensamochan stated:
“Mr. Postle seems to convolute what he perceives as mistreatment by Mr. Randazza and the fact that he filed a frivolous lawsuit... I am eager to see him file his schedules and fully disclose all of his debts and assets.”
Postle claims that his assets amount to zero, having been “unable to work for the past year and a half after his client [whistleblower Veronica Brill] defamed me and claimed that I was a poker cheat.”
He also revealed that there could be as many as 12 creditors, including two credit card companies, and has reportedly been given an extension until mid-September.
The Alex Jones/InfoWars connectionThis part of the Postlegate fallout revolves around the Randazza-Merrell conflict, with Brill’s lawyer, Marc Randazza, representing Alex Jones, while Alexandra Merrell is connected to the HONR network set up to counter conspiracy theories around the Sandy Hook massacre.
That incident saw 20 children and six adults shot to death at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012.
Jones and his Infowars network continue to claim that the tragic incident never took place, and Randazza is defending him on 1st Amendment rights grounds, with ongoing cases in Connecticut and Texas.
Postle’s extension filing this week reportedly includes claims of “witness intimidation”, allegedly occurring during a three-way discussion between Randazza, Postle, and Merrell.
Brill’s lawyer is alleged to have called Merrell “a fucking cunt”, though Randazza claims this is untrue.
In a text message to Postle, asking him to withdraw his comments, Randazza stated:
“You need do nothing more than send a letter stating that you made an error. That indeed, I did say ‘fucking liar’ — I will never deny that. But I certainly did not call Merrell a ‘fucking bitch’ nor a ‘fucking cunt’”.
Randazza admitted he may have thought such things, but stated: “they never came out of my mouth”.
Postle responded by describing Randazza as, “beyond unprofessional”, adding:
“There’s really no reason to contact me other than to continue harassing and threatening me.”
If you missed anything connected to the case over the past year, our extensive coverage of the Postlegate scandal can be viewed below:
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
Did you like this article?Tweet +0