Mike Postle Claims to Owe his Mum More Than $80k amid Bankruptcy Battle1 year ago
Alleged poker cheat Mike Postle has listed his mother as his biggest creditor as he fights to avoid bankruptcy. Among twenty-five companies and people he claims to owe, more than $80k of the $270k+ total are loans from his own mum.
The incredible revelation comes as Postle faces potential bankruptcy over the $55k debt he owes to Veronica Brill and Todd Witteles, following their successful legal challenge for expenses after Postle withdrew his libel lawsuit.
A California bankruptcy court is currently considering the involuntary-bankruptcy petition filed against him by Brill and Witteles, and the new figures were included in Postle’s latest filing with the court.
Of the 25 separate debts Postle claims to owe, he states that $82,113 is due to his own mother, who helped to fund his legal battle with ex-wife, Sabina Johnson.
An accompanying note to the amount states:
“Loans for multiple family court and previous attorneys needed.”
Adding the $54,727 owed in total to Brill and Witteles, who both won their separate anti-SLAPP lawsuits earlier this year, that leaves about half of Postle’s claimed debts to be accounted for.
It appears that as many as 20 of those creditors are online loans or credit card companies, with apparently fully-maxed-out balances on almost all of them. This could, however, be another attempt by Postle to abuse the system, using his likely impending bankruptcy to discharge recently-accrued debt.
We reported earlier this month on Postle’s continued efforts to have the involuntary bankruptcy case dismissed, and this latest filing – having missed a deadline last month – included further attempts to denigrate Brill’s attorney, Marc J. Randazza.
Postle’s focus was on the GoFundMe campaign that Brill launched to raise the legal fees to fight Postle’s now-dead $330million libel lawsuit.
The entry of $27,745 owed to Randazza’s law firm on Postle’s updated creditor list notes:
“These attorney fees were raised and collected through a GoFundMe that was put together by his client [Brill], sneakily with a previously unknown member of his firm as the beneficiary. The firm is attempting to be paid twice on this debt.”
As pointed out by almost everyone else in the poker and legal community, this is quite obviously not the case, as Postle legally owes the money to Brill and Witteles regardless.
In addition, Bill Perkins agreed to underwrite the legal defence and the extra money raised went towards a new, fully-fitted wheelchair-accessible van for fellow poker player KL Cleeton, none of which affects Postle’s legal obligations in the slightest.
In a rather ironic twist, the only debt Postle claims to be in the process of paying off is for his own car, stating:
“I have made and continue to make all car payments on time through Ford Motor Credit Association in regard to this particular financed debt.”
The bankruptcy case continues and we will bring you all the latest details from the Postlegate saga as and when they happen.
If you have missed out on any of the drama surrounding Postle you can catch up below!
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Files New Motion in Bid to Avoid Involuntary Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Still Fighting to Dismiss Bankruptcy Motion
Did you like this article?Tweet +0