Mike Postle is Paid Poker Winnings as Veronica Brill Lien Filing Too Late2 weeks ago
Poker’s most notorious cheat, Mike Postle, has reportedly been paid his $32k winnings by MGM-owned Beau Rivage Casino despite attempts by Veronica Brill to have the money frozen to pursue unpaid legal fees she is owed...
As we disclosed yesterday, initial reports appeared to show that Brill, the whistleblower who told the world about Postle’s cheating, had been successful in stage one of her bid to recoup the $27k she is owed by Postle for his failed $330million defamation lawsuit.
However, a series of tweets from the lawyer who offered his help for free to block Postle from cashing out his 7th place earnings from the Beau Rivage Million Dollar Heater Main Event brought bad news.
Poker-playing Mississippi attorney, Roger Chhabra, explained where things went wrong: “Mississippi does have electronic court filing, however, the first step of enrolling California Judgment could only be done by filing physical documents and fees at the courthouse. The enrollment of judgment was made in Harrison County where the Beau Rivage is located.
“A garnishment writ was issued and sent to general counsel for MGM. Unfortunately, by the time the writ was served, according to lawyers for MGM, the Beau was no longer holding the funds. I assume Postle was paid.”
Postle owes Brill $27,745 and PokerFraudAlert guru Todd Witteles $26,982 after his $330million defamation lawsuit against the pair and 10 other individuals was withdrawn, and anti-SLAPP lawsuits were filed against the Sacramento pro.
When news of Postle’s winning return to poker hit the internet newsstands, it was hoped that Brill and Witteles might both be made right, at least partially.
However, as Brill’s defamation lawsuit defense lawyer, Marc Randazza, confirmed to PokerNews:
“By the time we identified him and got our court documents filed, the casino was compelled under Mississippi gaming law to pay him out. So, he got away...this time. But if he thinks we are just going to go away, he is mistaken.”
Chhabra revealed the silver lining:
“There is still upside to what transpired...the Judgment will remain good in Mississippi for 7 years and can be renewed for unlimited # of 7-year periods. Now that the Judgment is enrolled in Mississippi, a writ of garnishment could be issued electronically much quicker than paper filing at the courthouse.”
Chhabra revealed his reasons for helping Brill for free:
“I did not and will not ask for any fees for my work on this. I don’t have a dog in this hunt other than to be a small part of helping our poker community have more integrity, transparency and accountability. Veronica and I are grateful for the poker community for bringing attention to the fact that Postle was in that spot. If Postle steps foot in another Mississippi casino, please alert me so that a new garnishment can be issued and served before he can get paid.”
Randazza also revealed that the money owed by Postle “increases at 10% interest,” while it remains unpaid.
“He's either going to have to run forever, never make any money, or his evasion is actually a pretty good investment. We wouldn't be getting 10% APR on our money in any bank account.”
If you have missed out on any of the drama surrounding Postle you can catch up below!
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Files New Motion in Bid to Avoid Involuntary Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Still Fighting to Dismiss Bankruptcy Motion
- Mike Postle Claims to Owe his Mum More Than $80k amid Bankruptcy Battle
- Mike Postle Tried to Enlist Two Other People to Help Him Cheat Claims Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle Invited To Doug Polk's Podcast Return
- Settlement Reached in Mike Postle Involuntary Bankruptcy Case
- Mike Postle Returns: Accused Cheater Shocks Poker Scene with Pseudonym at $500,000 GTD Beau Rivage Event
- Poker Cheat Mike Postle’s Winnings Frozen as Veronica Brill Files Lien for Legal Fees
Did you like this article?Tweet +0