Mike Postle Escapes With Winnings as Legal Claim Fails in California2 months ago
Attempts to prevent poker cheat Mike Postle from spending his recent winnings have failed after a California Superior Court judge ruled this week that a motion brought by Veronica Brill was “both procedurally and substantially defective.”
Brill, the whistleblower who put an end to Postle’s lucrative but dishonest stint on the StonesLivePoker livestreamed cash game, was looking for a financial restraining order against Postle.
Postle recently won $32,703 at the $1200 buy-in Million Dollar Heater series Main Event, as we reported last week.
That was enough to pay Brill the $27k plus change that he owes her for legal fees for defending against his aborted defamation lawsuit, a sum which has risen due to interest accrued in the 18 months since. Brill and her lawyer, though, were just a bit too slow in getting the casino to withhold his winnings.
A second attempt to force Postle to pay his dues failed after a California Superior Court judge denied Brill’s ex parte motion seeking to prevent Postle from spending or otherwise disbursing his recent winnings.
Superior Court Judge Richard K. Sueyoshi described Brill’s motion as “both procedurally and substantially defective,” claiming that she hadn’t exhausted all her other legal avenues for recovering the debt.
“Defendant has no pending causes of action to set aside fraudulent transfers,” Sueyoshi wrote, referring to Brill’s motion claim that Postle had deliberately disguised himself and used a false name during his Beau Rivage run, adding: “...and even if it had such pending claims, Defendant has made no showing of an inadequate remedy at law or irreparable harm that requires injunctive relief.”
The decision was far from an end to Brill’s attempts to force Postle to stump up what he owes, with Judge Sueyoshi stating:
“While the Court DENIES Defendant’s ex parte application, the Court notes that such denial remains without prejudice to Defendant pursuing statutory judgment collection measures to the extent Defendant possesses an enforceable judgment.”
Postle also owed Todd Witteles a similar amount after the PokerFraudAlert founder also hit poker’s most infamous cheat with an anti-SLAPP lawsuit in 2021.
Postle’s recent re-emergence has left Witteles baffled as to why he is being called out by the few Postle supporters that exist, given that he offered the Sacramento pro a chance to withdraw his defamation claims...
What course of action Brill and Witteles take now is unclear, but Postle’s return to Mississippi, scene of his recent win, seems unlikely given that legal procedures are now in place to quickly slap him with a writ of garnishment.
If you have missed out on any of the drama surrounding Postle you can catch up below!
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill - The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle's Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It's Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Files New Motion in Bid to Avoid Involuntary Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Still Fighting to Dismiss Bankruptcy Motion
- Mike Postle Claims to Owe his Mum More Than $80k amid Bankruptcy Battle
- Mike Postle Tried to Enlist Two Other People to Help Him Cheat Claims Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle Invited To Doug Polk's Podcast Return
- Settlement Reached in Mike Postle Involuntary Bankruptcy Case
- Mike Postle Returns: Accused Cheater Shocks Poker Scene with Pseudonym at $500,000 GTD Beau Rivage Event
- Poker Cheat Mike Postle’s Winnings Frozen as Veronica Brill Files Lien for Legal Fees
- Mike Postle is Paid Poker Winnings as Veronica Brill Lien Filing Too Late
Did you like this article?Tweet +0
You need to be logged in to post a new comment